Call For Proposals
ISEC 2023 invites proposals for workshops to be held on the first day of the conference. We seek half-day and full-day workshops on established or emerging practice/research topics related to the field of software engineering for audiences who come from both academia and industry. A half-day workshop should be for 3 hours whereas the full-day workshop should be for 6 hours. Focus areas for workshops include all areas of software engineering (please refer to the list in the main conference call for papers for the Research Track.
All proposal must not exceed 5 pages (following the formatting guidelines for the main track), including proposal text, references, appendices, and figures.
Proposals should include:
- Title of the workshop
- Theme of the workshop including its relevance to software engineering.
- Topic/Area of the Workshop (refer to the suggestive list of topics/Areas of the main conference).
- Duration (half-day or full day).
- Number of registered attendants of previous version of the workshop (if any).
- Name and affiliation of the workshop organizer(s) (a short CV for each organizer, including selected relevant publications in the proposed area of the workshop, if any).
- Program Committee (tentative), if applicable.
- Target audience and prerequisite knowledge of the audience.
- A plan to structure the workshop: e.g., information about whether the workshop includes paper presentations, invited talks, working sessions, panel discussions, etc.
- A draft Call for Submission/Participation of the workshop.
- Special resource/equipment requirements for organizing the workshop, if any.
Email your proposal to Workshops Chairs Raveendra Kumar Medicherla and Sandeep Kumar Garg with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the ISEC 2023 workshop co-chairs. Acceptance will be based on an evaluation of the workshop’s alignment to the goals of ISEC conference, the organizer’s ability to lead and attract enough participants for a successful workshop.
- Evaluation of the workshop proposals.
- Create a web page for each accepted workshop on ISEC webpage. For this purpose, the workshop organizers must provide clear description of the workshop after accepting their proposal.
- Coordinate with other chairs for conducting the workshop as planned.
- Creating required publicity for their workshop through web sites and other social medium.
- Identify speakers and other participants.
- Coordinate with workshop chairs for organizing the workshop.
- If applicable, identify and enable to publish the accepted workshop papers on free open- access publication service, such as CEUR.org.
Important Dates AoE (UTC-12h)
- Last date for submission of workshop proposals:
30th September 2022
21st October 2022
- Acceptance of notification of workshop proposals:
7th November 2022
- Workshops date:
23rd February 2023
- Raveendra Kumar Medicherla
TCS Research, India
- Sandeep Kumar Garg
IIT Roorkee, India